Pay Attention to These Ecommerce Trends in 2021 and Beyond
Ecommerce is an ever-changing industry. Each year begins with a huge list of trends and 2021 will be no different.
So if you’re looking for eCommerce trends that are going to matter the most in the coming year, this blog has you covered.
Here are the six most important eCommerce trends that you must know.
1. Voice Search Will Soar
This year, we’ve seen an increasing number of people relying on voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, Apple HomePod, and Google Home. These powerful assistants are helping them with everything from making calls and shopping online to listening to songs and controlling their home.
A major reason why they’re getting popular with each passing day is the exceptional accuracy they offer. Technology giants like Amazon and Google are now focusing on pushing regional languages to these devices for added convenience.
Thus in 2021, you must optimize your e-store for voice search. Here’s how you can get started: –
- Optimize your content to appear in voice searches.
- Add a new skill on voice assistant devices like Siri, Google, and Alexa.
- Redesign your website and mobile app with voice-based navigation.
- Make sure your products can be bought with simple voice commands
Hire professional eCommerce website development services to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
2. Omnichannel Shopping is the Next BIG THING
What is omnichannel shopping? It means offering your customers a hassle-free experience across all devices and channels.
With increased dependency on voice assistants and mobile devices, it is only obvious for omnichannel customers to increase even more in the future.
To get an insight into customer behavior, we suggest you make use of tools like Mixpanel and Finteza. Whether you have a website or mobile app, these tools will help you analyze which product is in demand, assess customer loyalty, and monitor sales.
Thanks to these tools, you will be able to improve your customers’ shopping experience and offer exactly what they’re looking for. If you’re wondering how to get on the omnichannel express, take a look at the following points:
- Make sure your website is mobile optimizable. Invest in a Progressive Web App or mobile app if your budget allows.
- Offer a personalized customer experience every step of the way.
- Provide customers with varied purchase options like – Buy online, home delivery, in-store pickup, and more.
3. Augmented Reality & Artificial Intelligence will Boost Ecommerce
As anticipated, more than 100,000 stores will be using AR (Augmented Reality) technologies to provide a rich customer experience. AI (Artificial Intelligence) too will be used to offer bespoke recommendations and guidance to customers.
While AI will use the past purchase history of shoppers to display products they are more likely to buy, AR will let customers check how a particular product will look on them.
A combination of AI and AR will eventually increase conversations and ensure a reduction in the return rate.
4. Newer and Better Payment Options will Emerge
Payment options play an important role in the customer’s decision to choose a brand. If you’re looking to launch an e-store, make sure you give your customers the payment options they want.
Opt for professional Magento eCommerce development services, an option that allows you to integrate a wide range of payment methods and gateways.
Currently, digital wallets like Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay are prominently used aside from credit and debit cards. However, in the coming year, there’s a bright chance that cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin will also be used as a payment method.
5. Mobile Commerce Will Take Over
Mobile already accounts for nearly half of the online traffic worldwide. This means, online shopping via mobile will witness a significant increase too. In the next year, nearly 75% of the total eCommerce will be done using mobile devices.
Moreover, thirty percent of users are likely to abandon their carts after finding out a particular website is not mobile-friendly. Online sellers are highly recommended to improve to work on improving the customer for mobile users. Here’s how they can get started:
- Build a PWA (progressive web app) for your e-store. They not only load quickly but also allow the user to view pages that they previously browsed without an internet connection.
- Integrate AMP (accelerated mobile pages) for online shoppers that use mobiles to visit your website.
- Make sure the checkout process is easy and smooth.
- Regularly check their mobile site and ensure flawless navigation.
6. Visual Commerce will have a Key Role
As an online seller, you should have high-quality images and videos on your website along with shortcuts to ensure quick product purchase. To up your visual commerce game, here’s what you can do:
- Use 360° pics and videos for your top-selling range
- Instead of using JPG, use image formats like WebP and JPEG2000 for improving the loading speed of your site.
- Utilize platforms like Pinterest to post visual shopping advertisements and drive traffic to your website. If you’re not familiar with how Pinterest works, hire digital marketing services and let the experts take care of it for you.
Whether you already have an online store or are planning to join the bandwagon in 2021, be sure to prepare yourself with these trends. Keeping all these pointers in mind will help you defeat your competitors and stay prevalent in the market.
To get into more details, feel free to write to us. We’d be happy to provide you with all the information you need.